Sunday, October 31, 2010

Grill Beef salad and Thai Crispy Fish with Green Apple Salad

These are my two favorite Thai salads:
Grilled Beef Salad using this recipe from SheSimmers and salting the beef as Leela suggested (I let my rib eye sit for 2 hours) really does make the beef tender!
medium rare rib eye beef for the beef salad
The only thing was I didn't wash the beef properly and the beef pieces were too salty! Make sure you thoroughly wash the beef to get rid of the salt.
Neu Yang Nam Tok - Grilled Beef Salad
Crispy Fish Salad
I used this recipe and it came out delicious! Exactly the way it would in the restaurant except since green mangos are not in season, I used green apples and toss in some red onions (pickled with rice wine vinegar and fresh lime juice), fresh peppers, mint and some dried shrimp. I added some almonds and cashews. I also used Tilapia since I couldn't find catfish.
Yum Pla-Duk Fu - Crispy Fish salad
Here's a photo of the salad before tossing it with the dressing:
Green Apple Salad with pickled red onions
Dressing - Nam Yum
nam yum - salad dressing
Tilapia fried after shredding to pieces
Fried tilapia for the crispy fish salad

1 comment:

  1. Love these salades ! It looks really yummy in the photo :-) I would love to taste it, miam miam :-P

    ReplyDelete